The cornerstone of Komatsu's management philosophy is to commit ourselves to quality and reliability and maximize the sum total of the trust given to us by all stakeholders and society.
The KOMATSU Way is a written statement of values that all employees in the Komatsu Group, including those at top management level, should pass down in a lasting way at their workplaces and worksites.
The KOMATSU Way guides employees in the same direction by defining:
・Beliefs supporting the strengths
・Basic mindset and perspectives
・Behavior to demonstrate those strengths, beliefs, and mindset into action
The KOMATSU Way is passed on through the generations to all employees worldwide.
Designed for all employees, the KOMATSU Way is comprised of three chapters of Leadership/Top Management, “Monozukuri” (Komatsu Way of manufacturing) and Brand Management. In addition, all divisions and departments have the respective workplace versions of the KOMATSU Way.
Contents of the KOMATSU Way for all employees are listed below
1. Attitude as Leadership/Top Management
(1) Leadership and Top Management Officers' Familiarity with Gemba (Workplaces)
(2) Collaboration with Partners
(3) Strategy Deployment
(4) Employees Development
(5) Mindset through Brand Management Activities
2. Code of Conduct for Leadership/Top Management
(1) Actively engage with the board of directors
(2) Set an example: Communicate with all stakeholders
(3) Compliance with rules of the business community
(4) Never put off responses to risks
(5) Continue to think about your succession plan
1. Commitment to Quality and Reliability
2. Customer Focus
3. Defining the Root Cause
4. "Gemba" Philosophy
5. Strategy Deployment
6. Collaboration with Business Partners
7. Employee Development
1. Understand Our Customers
2. Support Our Customers with Our Integtated Capabilities
3. Move Forward Together with The Customer
* Brand Management
Komatsu defines brand management as activities that “make Komatsu indispensable to our customers”. It makes Komatsu the customer’s first choice continuously.
Komatsu publishes "Komatsu's Worldwide Code of Business Conduct" and ensures all employees of Komatsu Group companies around the world understand how important it is to observe the Rules of the Business Community. Komatsu also created an organization to manage and lead its group-wide compliance activities for the Rules. By assigning this work to exclusive staff members, Komatsu is diligently improving the compliance program.